Zelda: Breath of the Wild (play and help thread)

Daft Ada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A little early but there might be a few of us lucky enough to get a copy before the 3rd

Plenty of these play and help threads on the PS4 boards, and Zelda seems like it'll worth having one for. Share your experiences (spoilers please!), ask questions, and help your fellow AVF adventurers make their merry way around Hyrule.

I cant find the first few extra shrines, Im rubbish, please help!

I cant find the first few extra shrines, Im rubbish, please help!

Look for dome shaped buildings that glow in orange - once you've spotted one, mark it so that you can find it easily.

There's one on top of an icy mountain :)

Is it worth upgrading the metal armour you get at Hetano at a fountain.... or should you save those upgrades on the offchance you get even better armour to upgrade at the Zora dungeon. Should I keep rocking the standard clothes until then?

Where do i get ancient screws from?

I had some very early in the game, now i need more, but i cant remember where i got them?

Search the dead guardians.
Im sure i killed somethings early on in the game that dropped these screws? am i remembering wrong?

Search the dead guardians.
Yes im finding the, now, cant remmeber searching dead guardians before.

1 more question, when swimming, can you dive down?

I'm a bit stuck, can anyone tell me, which divine beast is the best to tackle first? Using the compass direction I guess.....so as to avoid any spoilers.

Anyone know what the mechanical parts you get from search the guardians are used for? Dont know whether to sell or keep hold of them

Anyone know what the mechanical parts you get from search the guardians are used for? Dont know whether to sell or keep hold of them

You can use 3 of three types of ancients parts to upgrade scanner, stasis and bomb - beyond that I don't know

I'm a bit stuck, can anyone tell me, which divine beast is the best to tackle first? Using the compass direction I guess.....so as to avoid any spoilers.

Both my wife and I tackled the Elephant, but I enjoyed the reward of Eagle

Both my wife and I tackled the Elephant, but I enjoyed the reward of Eagle
Cheers, and at what point do you think you should start on it? I mean, at the minute I seem to be messing around, but I'm not clear on what is needed to be able to seriously make a start on those quests. I assume more than the 6 hearts I have so far?

Cheers, and at what point do you think you should start on it? I mean, at the minute I seem to be messing around, but I'm not clear on what is needed to be able to seriously make a start on those quests. I assume more than the 6 hearts I have so far?

My first decision was to explore the entire map, and get all the towers - I got sidetracked from time to time, shrines and also the divine beast mission

Since I concentrated on stamina (so I could get around more) I had 4 hearts and I was getting one hit by the elephant divine beast boss, which was frustrating - but I killed it.

My wife actually beat the Elephant more easily, she had more 6-7 hearts and was using defensive food - so she didn't get one shot and she could keep healing up.

When I got to the eagle, I did it first time.

I now about about 14+ hearts :D but that was for a very specific reason..

The Master's Sword

After heavily investing in stamina, other than Shrines and Divine Beasts how did I get hearts? well another spoiler

There is a dark statue in the village below the research lab, it will buy stamina or hearts and sell them back at a profit, but you get to decide - so here I sold a bunch of stamina and bought the hearts I needed to pull out the sword.

Im at 6 hearts, and i still feel too underpowered even to go looking for the beasts

Im at 6 hearts, and i still feel too underpowered even to go looking for the beasts

Yep think I'm going to spend this week just messing around, doing shrines and side quests and generally just building hearts and stamina up, plus uncovering more of the map and getting better weapons/armour.

I guess this is a game where unless you are very skilled it pays to do a LOT of preparation before tackling the dungeons/main quest.

I do wish (a little) that the game gave you some idea as to when you were appropriately levelled to take things on.

Yep think I'm going to spend this week just messing around, doing shrines and side quests and generally just building hearts and stamina up, plus uncovering more of the map and getting better weapons/armour.

I guess this is a game where unless you are very skilled it pays to do a LOT of preparation before tackling the dungeons/main quest.

I do wish (a little) that the game gave you some idea as to when you were appropriately levelled to take things on.

If you decide the beast is too hard, you can leave it and go back I believe.

i died about 30-40 times on the elephant boss, just because I was getting one shot with everything :D but i did not give up...

The master of time and space... will never give up

Last edited:

i died about 30-40 times on the elephant boss, just because I was getting one shot with everything :D but i did not give up...

Yeah, guess it depends how easy it is to get back and whether you have to repeat all the previous steps.

Yeah, guess it depends how easy it is to get back and whether you have to repeat all the previous steps.

I have a feeling it will remember the progress, but I haven't confirmed that.

This comes from your resurrection point being the entrance, and where I suspect you'd teleport to if you went and came back.

could be wrong

I died loads in the test of strength shrines. The last phase of those enemies is ridiculous.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom