Zelda: Breath of the Wild (play and help thread)

Am currently stuck on thunderblight Ganon.
I can do the 1st stage. It's the 2nd stage with the metal pillars that is difficult.

I know what you need to do but just can't do it. Every time I try to lift up one of the metal pillars with magnesis I just get electrocuted. Do I need certain armour to protect myself or is it possible to do it without?

Can anyone help?

Am currently stuck on thunderblight Ganon.
I can do the 1st stage. It's the 2nd stage with the metal pillars that is difficult.

I know what you need to do but just can't do it. Every time I try to lift up one of the metal pillars with magnesis I just get electrocuted. Do I need certain armour to protect myself or is it possible to do it without?

Can anyone help?

Finally managed to do it :)

Came across something odd last night...

I warped back to the first area to hunt for a few Koroks I'd missed when I spotted an enormous dragon thing flying around in the distance over Lake Hylia. Warped to a nearby tower and he'd scarpered. It kinda looked like the Pokemon Rayquaza. Is it a hidden boss or something?

Came across something odd last night...

I warped back to the first area to hunt for a few Koroks I'd missed when I spotted an enormous dragon thing flying around in the distance over Lake Hylia. Warped to a nearby tower and he'd scarpered. It kinda looked like the Pokemon Rayquaza. Is it a hidden boss or something?

Similar thing here:

I was heading back to Gerudo and saw a giant dragon flying around. I have climbed to the top of the snow covered mountains, took a picture of him, got his name, and now he has gone. he must have done 3 laps at least but now I am on top of the mountain he is no where to be seen.

There are three dragons that fly around. They follow a set route and appear at the same times of day. Use this to your advantage and set a fire where they appear and sleep.. If you get close to them there is an updraft that gives you unlimited paraglider floating. You can shoot certain parts of their bodies and get goodies used for upgrading armour or (wastefully) use to cook long lasting elixirs etc. You can get fangs, scales, horns and claws.

Regarding the dragons

There is a quest for Naydra one of the dragons that can be found at the top of the snowy mountain. Naydra is covered in Ganons blight and you have to free it, one of my favourite side missions in the game!

So finished off calamity ganon last night - amazing game that ive hammered during my week off.... but no continued play after the ending?? What gives or have i missed something?

That's just how it is. There's plenty more in the game for you to see/do I'm sure, and that'snot to mention the 2 DLCs that I am currently working my way through. Haven't played in months so getting back into the swing of things.

Need to wrap this up so I can attack the ever growing backlog.....apart from completing the 4 divine beasts is there anything else which is recommended for Ganon? I already have the master sword, is there any recommended weapon / armour set I should focus on obtaining?

Need to wrap this up so I can attack the ever growing backlog.....apart from completing the 4 divine beasts is there anything else which is recommended for Ganon? I already have the master sword, is there any recommended weapon / armour set I should focus on obtaining?

Not really mate, I'd stock up on the various types of arrows and get a decent shield either Hylian or a guardian one and a few good weapons, you'll come across most of these items on the lead up to Ganon. The spinning attack I found really useful, get a two handed weapon and when the enemy is stunned go up to it and press and hold down and Y i think it is, Link starts spinning with the weapon and deals out major damage in the process, great against bigger enemies. Apart from that go for it!

Dammit! I swear i’ve scoured every inch of the souther map for that damn photo memory spot.

Which one is it mate? Spoiler it if you want and I'll take a look.

Clobbered my last Dungeon boss last night
Thunderblight Ganon. Took four tries to beat him though, and I found it to be an immensely frustrating fight. Him and Waterblight were tough because of the limited arena you fight in, coupled with the quick attack move which meant locking on was a pain. I got lucky on the last attempt and knocked him outside the main arena which gave me a limited opening to smash his shield, get a few hits in and then stun him with an arrow. Rinse and repeat! I was very lucky my Daruk shield and Master Sword both recharged during his last form, otherwise I don't think I would have beaten him.

Fireblight and Windblight were incredibly easy by comparison.
now on to Hyrule Castle!

Quick question, I’m very early in the game but wondered if the towers act like the ones in Assassins Creed ie if you sync with them the map area becomes visible, however I’ve arrived at one and it won’t sync do you have to do them in some particular order or something? Duelling Peaks Tower is the one.

Basically I guess you can’t just go off willy nilly and synchronise with any tower you wish.

Last edited:
Quick question, I’m very early in the game but wondered if the towers act like the ones in Assassins Creed ie if you sync with them the map area becomes visible, however I’ve arrived at one and it won’t sync do you have to do them in some particular order or something? Duelling Peaks Tower is the one.

Basically I guess you can’t just go off willy billy and synchronise with any tower you wish.
Nope, do whatever you like, any tower in any order or just don't bother if you don't want to, choice is yours. The difference between most games where you climb a tower is these ones give you a reason for it being a tower. Yes you'll get the map when you get up there but the game tells you nothing more than that, the map is unlabeled with no landmarks in it, it actually encourages you on the plateau to look for yourself to find the shrines from the vantage point. Once you have the glider is great for throwing yourself off to reach things you can see in the distance. To be honest it fixes a lot of what was wrong with the UBI soft tower approach that was climb a tower, be handed all the information you need then land a couple of meters away from the bottom miles away from what you saw.

Nope, do whatever you like, any tower in any order or just don't bother if you don't want to, choice is yours. The difference between most games where you climb a tower is these ones give you a reason for it being a tower. Yes you'll get the map when you get up there but the game tells you nothing more than that, the map is unlabeled with no landmarks in it, it actually encourages you on the plateau to look for yourself to find the shrines from the vantage point. Once you have the glider is great for throwing yourself off to reach things you can see in the distance. To be honest it fixes a lot of what was wrong with the UBI soft tower approach that was climb a tower, be handed all the information you need then land a couple of meters away from the bottom miles away from what you saw.

But I've climbed this Duelling Peaks tower and it won't give the chance / option to synchronise, press A button to examine doesn't even come up when I walk over to the pedestal thingy.

Last edited:
But I've climbed this Duelling Peaks tower and it won't give the chance / option to synchronise, press A button to examine doesn't even come up when I walk over to the pedestal thingy.

If you've climbed the tower and reached the pedestal you should be able to put the sheikah slate in to activate the tower. You may just need to get in the 'sweet spot' so the prompt actually comes up? I've found that in the game sometimes it can be very particular and you have to be standing it just the right place and facing it at the right angle etc for the prompt to examine to come up.

If you've climbed the tower and reached the pedestal you should be able to put the sheikah slate in to activate the tower. You may just need to get in the 'sweet spot' so the prompt actually comes up? I've found that in the game sometimes it can be very particular and you have to be standing it just the right place and facing it at the right angle etc for the prompt to examine to come up.

safcalibur, I'll be honest enough to admit my error, mind you I had had a couple of glasses of red wine whilst playing, that's my excuse :blush:.
Basically I'd already been to the Duelling Peaks tower and synchronized it during a previous play, that why I couldn't do it :facepalm:

But you are correct in saying there is a sweet spot to find sometimes.

I didn't mention that following safcalibur's post that I spent another 30 mins trying to align with the sweet spot in order to synchronize. :facepalm:

Another question, unlike say Assassins, you cant really from the get go, start to go around synchronizing with all the towers because from what I've seen you do need to increase your skills / abilities before you're capable of taking on some of the enemies that frequent the areas around the towers.

I didn't mention that following safcalibur's post that I spent another 30 mins trying to align with the sweet spot in order to synchronize. :facepalm:

Another question, unlike say Assassins, you cant really from the get go, start to go around synchronizing with all the towers because from what I've seen you do need to increase your skills / abilities before you're capable of taking on some of the enemies that frequent the areas around the towers.

Yes and no I'd say I uncovered the map relatively early on but the beauty of the game is such that you can either buy or find the items you need or use elixirs to help you but from what I can remember I did most if not all without having to buy or get anything additional. Sometimes scaling the tower itself is a puzzle and requires a fair bit of planning as on some towers not all of the ledges are available to rest on. Is there any you're having particular difficulties with? I remember there were the odd that I could paraglide from higher up to and climb from halfway up. There's a real sense of achievement once you activate one.

Ways and means my friend, the ones that are harder to scale are all still possible early on, sometimes landing on it halfway up, some of the ones with harder enemies I just legged it and got lucky after a couple of tries.

Ways and means my friend, the ones that are harder to scale are all still possible early on, sometimes landing on it halfway up, some of the ones with harder enemies I just legged it and got lucky after a couple of tries.

I like how you legged and returned, I think this is what iI need to try, mostly it was some flying electrically charged baddies that easily knocked me off the side of the tower if they spotted me which they sadly did.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom