Zelda: Breath of the Wild (play and help thread)

I like how you legged and returned, I think this is what iI need to try, mostly it was some flying electrically charged baddies that easily knocked me off the side of the tower if they spotted me which they sadly did.
I think that was the one I had the most trouble with, those things are sods. I can't remember how I ended up doing it I just remember it wasn't the intended way of actually fighting them. I think I did something ridiculous like lucked out falling in the water and respawning on the tower.

I know most will have played this, if not finished it already long ago. I started it and loved it buy then HZD took over- it not a better game, though it looks better- but zelda is a deeper richer game imho.

Anyhow, i am now back into this. I am like a crazed zelda junkie- i can't stop playing. I only have 85h [so it says- though i had 80 before yesterday and have done 10-15 since]. The game is fab.

I am still early in- only done ? 30 tombs and 30 seeds things, and still not finished any of the beasts [half way through one]??? Still unable to kill them horse/man folk- I have no clue how to do it [advice welcome].

I tend to play on held held mode- fab game....

Glad you're enjoying it, it's a wonderful game once it gets going. Those Lynels are tough, I haven't beaten one yet either and I've completed the game! Judging by youtube vids the best way to take them down is to stun them with an arrow and climb on their back to get a few hits in. Still tough to avoid their axe/sword combos and lightning arrows (which can take me out in one hit if I'm not too careful).

First Devine beast done- boss battle was easier than I expected in the end. Pleased as I was running low on supply’s

Had this bad boy turn up last week, haven't had much time to listen to it all but the first disc really makes me want to jump back into playing this game.
IMG_20180427_185453.jpeg
IMG_20180427_185422.jpeg

Question:

If a divine dude is kicking my arse... am I free to walk away to do some shrine hunting to get more hearts and stock up a little better before returning to him? Or will it reset the whole thing back to the beginning?

Question:

If a divine dude is kicking my arse... am I free to walk away to do some shrine hunting to get more hearts and stock up a little better before returning to him? Or will it reset the whole thing back to the beginning?

You're free to come and go as you please. I had to break off my fight against Vah Ruta's boss to stock up on better weapons, food etc.

You're free to come and go as you please. I had to break off my fight against Vah Ruta's boss to stock up on better weapons, food etc.
I'm at Zora's Domain and just gearing up to tackle this one.

That's the one I am going to be returning to hah

If you have a good stock of elemental arrows (bomb especially), I found that an attack-up meal with extra hearts made the divine bosses a lot easier :)

Felt like a right eejit over the weekend. I was in the bottom right of the map, near those barrows and the Faron tower. Lots of huge stone slabs resting on smaller stones, with goodies underneath. I lost a bunch of weapons using stasis to shift the slabs, while being pelted by Octoroks.

It took a loading screen hint to remind me that
Octo balloons
would be ideal here :)

Felt like a right eejit over the weekend. I was in the bottom right of the map, near those barrows and the Faron tower. Lots of huge stone slabs resting on smaller stones, with goodies underneath. I lost a bunch of weapons using stasis to shift the slabs, while being pelted by Octoroks.

It took a loading screen hint to remind me that
Octo balloons
would be ideal here :)
I wish you’d posted that 24 hours ago and saved me from losing three weapons doing the exact same thing with a slab on top of a pillar somewhere...

Yes, funnily enough I didn't appreciate the proximity of the Octoroks at the time!

Yes, funnily enough I didn't appreciate the proximity of the Octoroks at the time!
Never even occurred to me. I’ve got an inventory full of items and always seem to think of them too late.

On a different note, I’ve picked up a few bits of armour so far, including the full Zora set. Want to pick up the stealth set to help with a shrine quest but that’ll fill my slots. Do people just sell armour as they go, and buy again if they find they need it later?

I think the clothing slots dynamically size up so there's no limit. I wondered that too, I don't think you can store armour at your
Hateno
house, for example.

I think the clothing slots dynamically size up so there's no limit. I wondered that too, I don't think you can store armour at your
Hateno
house, for example.
I'll give it a go and see what happens. Can always test and then reload an older save while I work out what to do.

And no, you definitely can't store amour there – that was the first thing I tried! Although I need to add storing some hammers/Korok leaves there to my to-do list.

May as well jot down some helpful stuff I've discovered so far, these are probably well known:

Divine Beast Vah Ruta:
When you're fighting Waterblight Ganon, use Cryonis pretty much for everything. Phase 1, he'll shatter his weapon allowing you to do some ranged attacks. If he targets you with a laser then jump into the water and swim behind a platform (unless you fancy trying to reflect the beam back at him).

Divine Beast Vah Naboris:
I found the seal surfing bit to be a right pain at first. When Naboris is charging up and you're in danger of getting zapped because you're outside the circle, simply "dismount" and Riju will protect you. After a brief "Do you want to continue?" dialogue, carry on seal surfing, rinse and repeat. Thunderblight Ganon, the easiest strategy for Phases 1 and 3 was to backflip and get some flurry attacks in. If you hammer at his shield for Phase 1 then you'll probably lose a weapon, and Phase 3 you'll get zapped. It's fairly easy to time it, you start your backflip when he's doing his first teleport, worked for me 90% of the time. Just make sure you're at the bottom floor so you have room to manoeuvre, and you'll need to mash the target button as it keeps losing lock.

Can anyone help please? Impa will not let me do the Champions Ballad. I got all the Memories and the Master Sword before I went to Impa for the Champions Ballad. But she won't give me the option of doing the Champions Ballad. She says it is time for me to destroy Ganon. But I think I need to do the Champions Ballad first. How can I do this game in that order i.e. Champions Ballad first, then Ganon?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Finally got this game, and I’m troubled already, only half an hour in. There’s a little pond with a chest in it, I can’t for the life of me figure out how to dive down and open it. Everywhere says I need to jump from a height, this doesn’t seem to work in this case

Terrible picture attached (I think this was eluded to on the first page, but I couldn’t see a response and search didn’t bring anything up)

Attachments

• 7BDBAD0F-C0DE-4274-8325-CB4A4E4E57F4.jpeg
    7BDBAD0F-C0DE-4274-8325-CB4A4E4E57F4.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 112
Finally got this game, and I’m troubled already, only half an hour in. There’s a little pond with a chest in it, I can’t for the life of me figure out how to dive down and open it. Everywhere says I need to jump from a height, this doesn’t seem to work in this case

Terrible picture attached (I think this was eluded to on the first page, but I couldn’t see a response and search didn’t bring anything up)
As you’re still on the Great Plateau, I’d recommend just following the main quest/story for a while.

If I remember correctly, you can’t get things like chests at the bottom of ponds yet. But it should become clear, and possible, fairly soon, from memory.

Yeah, you need to progress a bit. There's stuff you can't do on the plateau immediately. You can't swim underwater but there are other ways to get submerged items :)

Are you following the map markers? You might as well on the plateau, save the random exploring for later.

Yeah, you need to progress a bit. There's stuff you can't do on the plateau immediately. You can't swim underwater but there are other ways to get submerged items :)

Are you following the map markers? You might as well on the plateau, save the random exploring for later.

I tried following the map but it’s very easy to get distracted :)

I know what you mean! I did exactly the same and realised I'd spent hours on the plateau without accomplishing very much :). I would recommend doing what you're supposed to do first and then having a bit of a play as stuff like chests in ponds won't be much of an issue afterwards.

That's what I thought when I kept wandering off. If you think there are distractions on the Great Plateau, you've got a treat coming in the relatively near future. :)

"OK so I'm absolutely heading to that town next. Oh wait, what's that over there? And if I climb this hill, there's bound to be a korok seed up there! Hey, I can see some shrines from up here! And ... wait ... is that a maze?"

Arrives in the town two weeks later.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom