ZIDOO - Z10 PRO - Z9X - Z1000 PRO - UHD 3000 - NEO A - NEO S - NEO X - Dolby Vision - Owners Thread

For those that have pre ordered these New Z Series looking like this maybe a Great Media Box .
and a lot of set up Video options to play with . :)

Last edited:
9F50438A-E3EC-4480-A33B-E0E6A098AAF7.jpeg
5E0F3F18-4A70-4CE8-98A7-3DDE22FFECCE.jpeg
F591DE4D-8376-451D-854A-705C809CAA41.jpeg
0F0A8DA6-BACB-4AC3-BC65-077E9338366F.jpeg

Some screen shots of Z9X in action .

Recommended) Display devices that do not support HDR, such as older projectors, LCD TVs, and plasma TVs have a better mapping environment for devices that do not support HDR to play HDR or Dolby Vision content.

2 With devices that support hdr, it is necessary to play dv film sources, which are optimized according to the Dolby engine. Provide better Dolby mode mapping for HDR devices that do not support Dolby Vision.

Last edited:
As of now, Zidoo's instructions are the following:

For SDR Displays:

1.Quick Setting> Display>HDR> VS10 Engine

For HDR Displays (no DV):

1. For HDR source: Quick Setting> Display>HDR> Auto
  2. For SDR or Dolby Vision source: Quick Setting> Display>HDR> VS10 Engine
For Dolby Vision Displays:

1. For SDR or single Dolby Vision source: Quick Setting> Display>HDR>LLDV
  2. For HDR or Dolby Vision source: Quick Setting> Display>HDR>Auto

As of now, Zidoo's instructions are the following:

For SDR Displays:

1.Quick Setting> Display>HDR> VS10 Engine

For HDR Displays (no DV):

1. For HDR source: Quick Setting> Display>HDR> Auto
  2. For SDR or Dolby Vision source: Quick Setting> Display>HDR> VS10 Engine
For Dolby Vision Displays:

If it Enhances my 4K Movies on my 1080p Monitor ill be happy . :)

You must set the HDCP setting to 2.2 in order to get Netflix up to 4K.
Learned my lesson the hard way

My Receiver is Dolby Vision capable
Zidoo Z10 Pro when it arrives
but my trusty old but stunning Professional Plasma Monitor is only 1080p
but im sure once ive sussed out the Video settings on the New Zidoo etc
ill be happy .
after a few software updates ;)

But hearing good things about Dolby VS10 once we all get our heads round it all. :)

Under 1. do you mean single layer Dolby Vision source?

Presumably you do and we will not be able to play our own DV rips which are invariably dual layer.

Under 1. do you mean single layer Dolby Vision source?

Presumably you do and we will not be able to play our own DV rips which are invariably dual layer.

For any type of Dolby Vision profiles as per my understanding. Especially since Zidoo hasn't finished the developing for single layer support on MKV container.
When they do, I guess we may have to select something else, and chances are the unit will get a major fw update.

Dolby Vision profile support? Zidoo Z9X supports all Dolby Vision profiles except 7 and 8.
i might be wrong totally here but isnt 7 and 8 give you the access to play your own ripped DV content this is why it's missing from the support , what dolby are giving you is the right to use DV only when your streaming stuff ,netflix and the like . all the rest is just trickery

Dolby Vision profile support? Zidoo Z9X supports all Dolby Vision profiles except 7 and 8.
i might be wrong totally here but isnt 7 and 8 give you the access to play your own ripped DV content this is why it's missing from the support , what dolby are giving you is the right to use DV only when your streaming stuff ,netflix and the like . all the rest is just trickery

Its early days and there working on mkv playback etc
so watch this space .

Testing still in progress if

And the new MKV container standard(about profile4,5,8,9 dolby vision on MKVs), which you will see in the near future.

Last edited:
Been following things on the Zidoo forums but I still cannot get any handle on HDR10+ . I have a new 8K (2019) Samsung QE75Q950R but Samsung doesn't do Dolby Vision. My set will receive HDR10+ so what happens if I get one of these new players and play content which has Dolby Vision output - will the VS10 engine deliver HDR10+ or just HDR10 ? I know it's early days but I don't see much about their HDR10+ capabilities, just that they are advertised to deliver it.

Been following things on the Zidoo forums but I still cannot get any handle on HDR10+ . I have a new 8K (2019) Samsung QE75Q950R but Samsung doesn't do Dolby Vision. My set will receive HDR10+ so what happens if I get one of these new players and play content which has Dolby Vision output - will the VS10 engine deliver HDR10+ or just HDR10 ? I know it's early days but I don't see much about their HDR10+ capabilities, just that they are advertised to deliver it.

Things may change in the future, but for now stick to the following. You will get HDR10.

Updated : Specs / price and latest inf on first page.

Order update :
Mine should ship 18th August 😊😊

Last edited:
Z9X Firmware Beta : v 6.0.19

as usual update at your own risk ! !

1. Add custom options for color depth and chroma of different resolutions and frame rates
2. Optimize the problem that the long key time of the remote control is too short
3. Local playback adds the function of matching frame rate and resolution
4. The problem that the SMB path cannot be selected by modifying the shortcut settings for custom wallpapers
5. Fix RANGE settings cannot be saved and the screen will flicker when switching to 16-235
6. Improve device compatibility, and solve some display devices that may flicker in automatic mode (EDID compatibility)
7. Modified the issue of some DV movies playing stuck
8. Fix the problem of asymmetrical upper and lower black borders of movies in certain ratios when using VS10 or LLDV mode
9. Fix the problem of incorrect ratio when online video is cut to 4K
10. Optimize online playback
11. Repair the poster wall cannot be restored from the original backup
12. Fix the problem that some projections cannot be switched to 3D mode
13. Increase the machine sleep CEC to turn off the TV function
14. Optimize the playback of DTS CUE music files
15. Fix the setting of bt2020 mode on TVs that do not support 10bit. Problem with abnormal resolution
16. Fix the problem that the playback of 4K Blu-ray navigation will become 1080P
17. Optimized Blu-ray navigation frame rate switching
18. Fix the problem that third-party players cannot play
19. The system adds a screen saver function
20. Fix the problem that the quick setting crashes when only the AV output is connected
21. Local player information button adds file name display
22. Fix the problem that the local player's bit rate gets wrong
23. Added HDR output display for local player information key

Last edited:
Z9X Firmware Beta : v 6.0.19

1. Add custom options for color depth and chroma of different resolutions and frame rates
2. Optimize the problem that the long key time of the remote control is too short
3. Local playback adds the function of matching frame rate and resolution
4. The problem that the SMB path cannot be selected by modifying the shortcut settings for custom wallpapers
5. Fix RANGE settings cannot be saved and the screen will flicker when switching to 16-235
6. Improve device compatibility, and solve some display devices that may flicker in automatic mode (EDID compatibility)
7. Modified the issue of some DV movies playing stuck
8. Fix the problem of asymmetrical upper and lower black borders of movies in certain ratios when using VS10 or LLDV mode
9. Fix the problem of incorrect ratio when online video is cut to 4K
10. Optimize online playback
11. Repair the poster wall cannot be restored from the original backup
12. Fix the problem that some projections cannot be switched to 3D mode
13. Increase the machine sleep CEC to turn off the TV function
14. Optimize the playback of DTS CUE music files
15. Fix the setting of bt2020 mode on TVs that do not support 10bit. Problem with abnormal resolution
16. Fix the problem that the playback of 4K Blu-ray navigation will become 1080P
17. Optimized Blu-ray navigation frame rate switching
18. Fix the problem that third-party players cannot play
19. The system adds a screen saver function
20. Fix the problem that the quick setting crashes when only the AV output is connected
21. Local player information button adds file name display
22. Fix the problem that the local player's bit rate gets wrong
23. Added HDR output display for local player information key
From where do you have this update ?

From where do you have this update ?

its beta release
and resolves a lot of issues some have been experiencing.

do you have the Z9X ?

Last edited:
its beta release

do you have the Z9X ?
I thinking to preorder this day or after 1,2 months because i wish to see whats is options for DV content ...in the moment many people working to make mkv DV movies.

I thinking to preorder this day or after 1,2 months because i wish to see whats is options for DV content ...in the moment many people working to make mkv DV movies.

As its new out we are seeing what it is cabable of and Zidoo are working on the VS Engine and profiles etc .

first is to make the firmware stable for the usual playback stuff then delve in to the profile versions for DV mkv playback if .

so may take a few weeks or months till we know for certain what we can get out of this new chipset 1619DR .

As its new out we are seeing what it is cabable of and Zidoo are working on the VS Engine and profiles etc .

first is to make the firmware stable for the usual playback stuff then delve in to the profile versions for DV mkv playback if .

so may take a few weeks or months till we know for certain what we can get out of this new chipset 1619DR .
I will waiting official review :)

I will waiting official review :)

There is a early review on first page but it be updated once a few more firmwares are released .

But so far its looking good .

Just ordered the Z1000 Pro, really looking forward to it after my Himedia Q10 bit the dust months and months ago.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom