ZIDOO - Z10 PRO - Z9X - Z1000 PRO - UHD 3000 - NEO A - NEO S - NEO X - Dolby Vision - Owners Thread

Power nap complete,

Audio problem solved by unplugging at the mains and rebooting. Now playing nice.

Started rematching 3 series of Narcos after only 1 episode scraped. Quickly found the way to batch rematch - making progress.

Liking so far šŸ˜

Excuse my noobness, how do I get YouTube on the new box ?

Player not showing in Windows .... Any idea how I can solve this, I'm running latest firmware on the Zidoo

Thanks
I am on firmware V6.0.35 I think it may be Beta so it may have to be installed via USB then on the Zidoo app on my phone i switched on DLNA DMR and the unit shows up on my network.

Hi

I have taken out the hard drive from Xbox one X as it has died on me and have connected to Zidoo using the sata cable supplied to copy over game data to HD. I can hear the drive turn on but I am not able to see it in the media centre. Anyone know how to make the drive visible?

Thanks

How are the picture and sound quality on this players vs the Nvidia Shield 2019, worth the upgrade?

Last edited:
How are the picture and sound quality on this players vs the Nvidia Shield 2019, worth the upgrade?

Picture seems to have a bump in Pic Quality
sound well it just passes Audio through to your Receiver / sound system so really down to your system etc .

Nvidia well moved away from that years ago .

Picture seems to have a bump in Pic Quality
sound well it just passes Audio through to your Receiver / sound system so really down to your system etc .

Nvidia well moved away from that years ago .
Thank you. I am satisfied with the 2019 version but it the Zidoo are better then I maybe should be moving away too.

What hdd do people use? Mostly WD red?

Woohoo! Just came across this post thanks @DELUCAS ! :clap:
Time to upgrade from my beloved X9S it looks like!
Does it really support playback even of ISO's in DV? Or only streaming maybe?

Woohoo! Just came across this post thanks @DELUCAS ! :clap:
Time to upgrade from my beloved X9S it looks like!
Does it really support playback even of ISO's in DV? Or only streaming maybe?

As its new out still working on firmware updates to sort out gremlins but getting positive response in its early release stage .

The front display has died on my Z9X. I've tried a couple of reboots to no avail. Does anyone know of anything I can try to fix it?
Sorted! For some reason the option to turn the display off self selected. I've re-enabled it and all is well

Last edited:
CF4E889A-B797-4D27-BE06-AE9797BDEA49.jpeg
New Model to add to the Collection

I'm keeping my Z1000 Pro as it ticks most of my my boxes too. As this new (HiFi ?) model receives upgrades, I'm hoping mine will too. Just want multichannel Flac and DSD, that I don't get with my Egreat A11. All the new Zidoos' are WIP at the moment.

Does anyone know which is the max size that the internal HDD of the Z10 Pro can "see". Can-it see for example an HDD of 6TB?

I'm using a 10tb hdd but I've read somewhere on the Zidoo forums, that the max size = 16tb

Hi Guys. I just bought a new Zidoo Z10 Pro. Im about to buy an extra internal hdd to it. Probably a 10 terrabyte or more. Im only wondering if i have the internal hdd, should i do something (any formatting) before putting into the player or is it plug and play ? Will the player see the hdd automatically??

Hi . I just bought a new Zidoo Z10 Pro. Im about to buy an extra internal hdd to it. Probably a 10 terrabyte or more. Im only wondering if i have the internal hdd, should i do something (any formatting) before putting into the player or is it plug and play ? Will the player see the hdd automatically?? thanks

Yes Format it to Ntfs or using a pc etc

Just a quickie folks,

1. I usually rip my movies to mkv so know i have no probs playing these files, for Blu-ray concerts, i prefer to keep the full disc structure, so, iso format works correctly right ? but what about when ripped to BDMV files (like all my concerts are ripped now), do i have to use the AVCHD folder hack and use BDMV Modifier 2.0 like i did with my Oppo Blu-ray player or will these be played correctly just in a folder as BDMV.

2. I don't seem to have the YouTube app on my Z1000 PRO, is this something i can expect with the next firmware update ?

Many thanks.

Last edited:
New software beta update coming very soon people . šŸ˜Ž

Where we getting beta software from ?

Could someone please help, in settings, audio, SPDIF, when selecting RAW, there is a 'Tip' when selecting the RAW output, turn on the audio degradation switch at the same time.

what is this and where do i find it ?

as i use the coaxial output into a standalone Dac (just for 2 ch stereo content) and switching between Raw & LPCM 2 Channel makes no difference to the audio quality, and to be honest, feeling a bit underwhelmed compared to the results using my Oppo 103 EU coaxial output into my standalone Dac.

Am i missing something here ?

thanks.

Last edited:
BETA !!!!!!!!

Model: Z9X
Version number: v6.0.45
Download: http://apidl.zidoo.tv/Z9X/v6.0.45/Z9X_P_v6.0.45_G_202009252103_ota-package.zip
MD5:
Upgrade method: OTA
Version type: public beta version

Model: Z10 Pro
Version number: v6.0.45
Download: http://apidl.zidoo.tv/Z10_PRO/v6.0.45/Z10-Pro_P_v6.0.45_G_202009252039_ota-package.zip
MD5:

Changelog (Google translate):
Spoiler
System
1. Fix the problem that some TVs occasionally switch the frame rate without sound output
2. Enhance local decoding and fix the problem that individual video sources cannot be played
3. Fix the problem that the screen saver occasionally flashes back
4. Fix the occasional lag problem of IPV6 network
5. Fix the problem that some DV movies cannot be played
6. Fix the problem that CEC does not take effect when closed and then opened
7. Optimize online playback

Local player
1. Fix the problem of occasional abnormal playback when setting single loop playback
2. Add the default first audio track function
3. Fix the problem of abnormal display of poster information
4. Optimize the resume function

Music player
1. Fix the problem of occasional playback errors
2. Optimize playback stability

Picture manager
1. Add global folder name exclusion function
2. Add slideshow press OK button to pause function
3. Add the switch whether to scan hidden files
4. Optimize the display UI
5. Add the function of pressing the information button to display picture information
6. Add page turning function

Poster wall
1. Fix the problem of playing the trailer and entering the screensaver
2. Added whether to play the sound switch of the trailer
3. Solve the problem of abnormal selections when the number of TV series is relatively large
4. Modify partial translation
5. Optimize the display interface of the edit box
6. Fix the problem that the poster cannot be saved when rematching and selecting TMDB to match the TV series
7. Optimize poster loading speed
8. Solve the problem that the grid list interface sometimes has no focus
9. Solve the problem that using Douban to match episodes cannot be classified correctly
10. Fix the problem of incorrect viewing and recording data in the main interface
11. Solve the problem that the list is sorted incorrectly after editing the poster title in web mode
12. Fix the problem that the state is not saved after modifying the sort in card mode
13. Optimize the matching success rate
14. Optimize the UI display of the setting interface

File manager
1. Optimize partial translation
2. Fix the problem of playing record error

Quick settings
1. Add the default first audio track setting

Hot key
1. Add PIP shortcut keys
2. Add shutdown shortcut

HDMI IN
1. Add PIP shortcut key function
2. Fix the problem that it will automatically enter the screensaver

Hi Just received my Z9X and was wondering if someone could help me.

Trying to get DV to work but can't seem to.
I have an LG Oled 65EP and my Z9X is running though an Anthem MRX-1120.
Settings are as follows
Frame Rate Switch off
Display Auto (3840x2160P@60Hz)
Color settings 4K50-60Hz priority YUV420 10bit
4K-23-30Hz Priority YUV 444 10 bit
Non 4K Priority YUV 444 8 bit
HDMI Color Region 16-235
HDR Auto (when I try Dolby Vision VS10 Engine screen menu goes weird color, plays audio no picture, boots back to menu with setting etc. audio still playing)
I'm trying play UHD full rips but only get HDR no DV showing on TV

If I rip UHD to MKV with DV would that give me DV?

Trying to work my way through the settings but can't seem to get anything to work.
Would appreciate any guidance. I don't mind reripping some of the full rips to a different format if that helps.

Do these players have any features to support a 2:35 scope screen setup, which uses PJ zoom.
eg
movie wall tiles displayed in 2.35:1 format rather than 16:9
OSD displayed within 235 area, not within black bars

Last edited:
All BETA !!!

Model: Z9X
Version number: v6.0.45_G
Download: http://apidl.zidoo.tv/Z9X/v6.0.45/Z9X_P_v6.0.45_G_202009252103_ota-package.zip
MD5:

v6.0.45
Download:http://apidl.zidoo.tv/Z9X/v6.0.45/Z9X_P_v6.0.45_202009251852_ota-package.zip

Model: Z10 Pro
Version number: v6.0.45_G
Download: http://apidl.zidoo.tv/Z10_PRO/v6.0.45/Z10-Pro_P_v6.0.45_G_202009252039_ota-package.zip

v6.0.45
Download:http://apidl.zidoo.tv/Z10_PRO/v6.0.45/Z10-Pro_P_v6.0.45_202009251922_ota-package.zip
MD5:

Changelog (Google translate):
Spoiler
System
1. Fix the problem that some TVs occasionally switch the frame rate without sound output
2. Enhance local decoding and fix the problem that individual video sources cannot be played
3. Fix the problem that the screen saver occasionally flashes back
4. Fix the occasional lag problem of IPV6 network
5. Fix the problem that some DV movies cannot be played
6. Fix the problem that CEC does not take effect when closed and then opened
7. Optimize online playback

Local player
1. Fix the problem of occasional abnormal playback when setting single loop playback
2. Add the default first audio track function
3. Fix the problem of abnormal display of poster information
4. Optimize the resume function

Music player
1. Fix the problem of occasional playback errors
2. Optimize playback stability

Picture manager
1. Add global folder name exclusion function
2. Add slideshow press OK button to pause function
3. Add the switch whether to scan hidden files
4. Optimize the display UI
5. Add the function of pressing the information button to display picture information
6. Add page turning function

Poster wall
1. Fix the problem of playing the trailer and entering the screensaver
2. Added whether to play the sound switch of the trailer
3. Solve the problem of abnormal selections when the number of TV series is relatively large
4. Modify partial translation
5. Optimize the display interface of the edit box
6. Fix the problem that the poster cannot be saved when rematching and selecting TMDB to match the TV series
7. Optimize poster loading speed
8. Solve the problem that the grid list interface sometimes has no focus
9. Solve the problem that using Douban to match episodes cannot be classified correctly
10. Fix the problem of incorrect viewing and recording data in the main interface
11. Solve the problem that the list is sorted incorrectly after editing the poster title in web mode
12. Fix the problem that the state is not saved after modifying the sort in card mode
13. Optimize the matching success rate
14. Optimize the UI display of the setting interface

File manager
1. Optimize partial translation
2. Fix the problem of playing record error

Quick settings
1. Add the default first audio track setting

Hot key
1. Add PIP shortcut keys
2. Add shutdown shortcut

HDMI IN
1. Add PIP shortcut key function
2. Fix the problem that it will automatically enter the screensaver

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom