ZIDOO - Z10 PRO - Z9X - Z1000 PRO - UHD 3000 - NEO A - NEO S - NEO X - Dolby Vision - Owners Thread

One short question, can you turn off the frontpanel :)?
Yes you can at least on the Z1000 Pro, select Settings, Other, down to Front Display Panel Setting, select Brightness and select Close.

Can these now see NAS drives on the network?

Hi all. Simple question... Is that box able to playback DV from UHD ISO? I have Z9s and I don't know is there a point to upgrade to Z9x....

Last edited:
Hi all. Simple question... Is that box able to playback DV from UHD ISO? I have Z9s and I don't know is there a point to upgrade to Z9x....
No, currently it has a lot of bugs and issues related with DV, HEVC 1080p files, date/time sync...

It´s a pity.

Thank god for this forum. Was ready to purchase one of the zidoo's players but needed a few answers before i do. Hopefully some current owners can help out since zidoos support is well, less than optimal.
I am trying to select between the z9x and z10pro. It appears as if the specs are virtually identical and the only differences are 1) memory size 2) internal hard drive capability and 3) outputs?
The 10pro has rear rca ouputs (L&R)
1) are those for audio, video, or both?
2) if video do they provide a true lf and rf channel or is it a downmix from whatever multichannel output (5.1 or 7.1 or more) the video contains?
3) Are the rca output always active? meaning if i am using the hdmi output will the rca still be functional and provide an exact duplicate copy of the lf and rf that hdmi is at the same time?
Why this is important to me is i plan on using the hdmi output to feed my av receiver. It runs all my surround and subwoofer speakers but not my lf and rf pair. I hope to run the rca output to my stereo which would be driving my lf and rf speakers. If this is possible, should i expect the signals to be out of synch?
Additionally when playing audio (music) through the player (low probability since it cant play multichannel dsf, i want to divert its output over to my (higher quality as compared to av receiver) stereo.
Thanks in advance.

To be fair the Zidoo forums are the place to go for these 3 (Z9x, Z10 Pro and Z1000 Pro) new players. Because of the new SOC, the firmwares are still in development and Zidoo are providing good support. So I suggest you look over there for comprehensive answers to your above questions quite a few very experienced users answering a plethora of questions on a daily (almost hourly) basis.

To be fair the Zidoo forums are the place to go for these 3 (Z9x, Z10 Pro and Z1000 Pro) new players. Because of the new SOC, the firmwares are still in development and Zidoo are providing good support. So I suggest you look over there for comprehensive answers to your above questions quite a few very experienced users answering a plethora of questions on a daily (almost hourly) basis.
if by "good support" you mean no answer. Then, yes, they are providing good support.
I posted my question over there and no one has responded.
Therefore, the reason i am forced to post on different forums other than zidoo.
Sad, because if they had proper documentation, they could actually sell a lot more since most US users want to know what they are buying BEFORE they buy. Of course, there are always early adopters who dont care.

Do these players have any features to support a 2:35 scope screen setup, which uses PJ zoom.
eg
movie wall tiles displayed in 2.35:1 format rather than 16:9
OSD displayed within 235 area, not within black bars
I would like to know this to. Is it easy to shift the subtitles up and down?

i think I saw it can reposition subtitles, however it would also need to move the OSD for playback info plus adjust the menus and video wall format else you can’t see them in a normal scope situation.

Last edited:
So, I'm getting used to my Z1000 Pro & finally watched a movie on it last night (12 strong 4k) but I'm still having a few niggles with it, I'm still on official up to date firmware and still can't seem to be able to transfer files to it over the network from my laptop, Is this fixed in the beta firmware ?

Thanks in advance ....

Last edited:
Update to the 45 beta firmware - the Samba Server function has been implimented - my windows 10 pc sees my Zidoo Z1000 Pro's internal storage and internal HDD happily

Moving subtitles on the Z1000 Pro is done by playing the file press your Menu button select subtitle and then subtitle options and you can select move from there.

Sounds good. Does that apply to projector owners, or only those with DV compatible TVs? i.e. are there improvements to1080p and non-DV 4k content, its not just the inclusion of DV?

Sounds good. Does that apply to projector owners, or only those with DV compatible TVs? i.e. are there improvements to1080p and non-DV 4k content, its not just the inclusion of DV?

I dont know if its just me only on 1080p still but to me the picture does look well more of a pop brighter clearer......
Even just the home screen looks better .
Sound Quality better ? for me not noticed anything to report .

My Monitor dont support and new picture tech so cant comment
but Dolby Vision etc is still work inprogress and we should be due another firmware update soon .
Tackling VS10 etc
and by the looks of things a bug in LG Dolby Vision tv‘s ? ?

Last edited:
How do these compare to the Zappiti?

Cant comment
on the Zappiti as never owned one but there models are behind in hardware / spec / chipset etc

so id imagine they are due some new models soon .

I just had a Zappiti 4k HDR Pro in my room for a week (vs a Z9S, not a Z9X) - general view was that the sound was more forward (in a good way) but with less bass output at the lower end. Picture seemed brighter with more 'pop' for 4K content.

There wasn't enough between the two of them for me to move from the Zidoo, so I assume the same in reverse

If the Z9X is better than the Z9S, then it might have the edge.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom