ZIDOO Z10 / Z9s 4K HDR Owners Thread

Right just loaded everything onto a Synology NAS having been using a WD My Book Duo connected via USB. I’ve got it running fine over the network on my PC setting up a shared network drive and seen it happily topping out at the blu-ray max of 144mb/s (Avengers Infinity War during the Thanos planet fight) so network is all good.

Now the Z9S connected directly to the NAS I can see it in SMB but once I try and connect it’s asking for a username and password but the one I use for the server doesn’t work or any combination of nothing or admin etc. so now I’m at a loss as to how to connect.

Any ideas? It seems like it should be simple but alas no dice yet.
Make sure on the NAS you have SMB1 enabled.

Go to Control Panel > File Services - SMB/AFP/NFS and click on the Advanced settings for SMB. Ensure the minimam protcaol allowed is SMB1.

There are security concerns about allowing SMB1. If that bothers you - use NFS.

Well that worked, however I’ve now got the choice of either the vulnerabilities of smb1 which make the security useless or NFS with no security at all! :facepalm:

It says the Z9S supports SMB2 on their site but I guess not.

EDIT: A bit more digging and it seems newer updates support SMB2 with the latest 2.3.30 upping the game to SMB3 so need to update from 2.2.96.

Last edited:
Hearing new software update coming soon with a few bugs sorted .

Eek new firmware. Lovely

Its a beta beta! I'll give it a punt later and report back.

Tested new firmware and its a keeper. Seamless branching is fixed.

Well that worked, however I’ve now got the choice of either the vulnerabilities of smb1 which make the security useless or NFS with no security at all! :facepalm:

It says the Z9S supports SMB2 on their site but I guess not.

EDIT: A bit more digging and it seems newer updates support SMB2 with the latest 2.3.30 upping the game to SMB3 so need to update from 2.2.96.
Did you get this to work on SMB2 and\or 3?

Did you get this to work on SMB2 and\or 3?
Yep, updated to 2.3.30 and now it’s all working fine, not sure if it’s using SMB2 or 3 but my Synology NAS only has 2 and up turned on so it’s definitely using one of them.

What’s a bit worrying and I don’t know if it’s a security vulnerability in the HT app itself but going into “open sources” on the poster wall even before getting SMB working had another source with the NAS IP and I was able to browse all the folders.

Didn’t try playing anything from there but the fact I could browse it at all with no password or setup was a concern. Oddly though the same thing wasn’t available in media centre which had to be setup properly.

H.T.v3.0.43 has been updated to new one . 😊

B0901EE6-BA69-440E-A7FE-709A757C5B38.png
Zidoo team can the three icons play , trailer and fav logos be brought down a touch so that when auto trailer begins they do not interfere with the trailer view .
Theres room for it without crowding the underneath etc
:)

( yes i know you can click and view big screen )

Any one agree on this ?

Tried and tested firmware 2.3.32
so far so good at moment .
Watched a Movie no issues observed .

and hearing possitive things about this beta firmware at moment .

Last edited:
im downloading now will give it a try ,and i know its a beta ,can't beta a beta :)

im downloading now will give it a try ,and i know its a beta ,can't beta a beta :)

One of my boxes had to do several boot ups before it settled but other one was fine .

So as usual reboot and un plug .......

let me know how it goes . 👍

Hi. Probably silly question but is anyone knows how to get back to view known from HT2 (just clean poster wall without all that new stuff from HT3)?

Hi. Probably silly question but is anyone knows how to get back to view known from HT2 (just clean poster wall without all that new stuff from HT3)?

In HT 3 top right hand corner in settings options
option tick box think its near the bottom .

Heh DELUCAS
Random question my apologies.

Has the online update option in the Z9S ever worked? I've had my unit for over a year, all updates whether beta or not I have to download to a USB stick using my laptop then update the Z9S manually.?

Heh DELUCAS

Has the online update option in the Z9S ever worked? I've had my unit for over a year, all updates whether beta or not I have to download to a USB stick using my laptop then update the Z9S manually.?

It has in the past as such
but most know to just download to usb memory stick and pick and choose what Firmware you want .

So not a big deal main thing is were getting updates still on a regular basis . :)

Heh DELUCAS

It worked on one of the firmwares but then they disabled it again so USB only but the HT app seems to update automatically OTA.

It worked on one of the firmwares but then they disabled it again so USB only but the HT app seems to update automatically OTA.

Going way back all firmwares updated OTA but not for a while it seems
unless they choose to .

on 3.0.45 H.T at moment but not all movie posters it can find ........
like before im finding .

One of my boxes had to do several boot ups before it settled but other one was fine .

So as usual reboot and un plug .......

let me know how it goes . 👍
all seems ok not noticed anything different to be honest ,as usual for me when i installed it was stuck on the android robot, i just turned of at the back and pulled the plug it came up all right eventually .

all seems ok not noticed anything different to be honest ,as usual for me when i installed it was stuck on the android robot, i just turned of at the back and pulled the plug it came up all right eventually .

Odd in all the many firmware updates none ive ever come across have stuck at the robot as far as i remember .

damm should not of said that ;)

least all good for you .

New Music 5.++ update coming soon for those that use .

Update :

Firmware : v2.3.32 is no longer a beta !

Odd in all the many firmware updates none ive ever come across have stuck at the robot as far as i remember .

damm should not of said that ;)

least all good for you .

New Music 5.++ update coming soon for those that use .
I remember when I was setting up for the first time it did exactly the same thing, it always get to the end of installing but never finalises, strange I hope the music player has improved

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom