10 metre HDMI.

topcourier02

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi guys and girls just installed my Optoma HD 143X & need to run a 10 Metre HDMI cable, would this burn out my Onkyo amp? would I be better to buy a Fibre Optic HDMI? only running 1080P so no 4K content.
Thanks in advance.
topcourier02

'would this burn out my Onkyo amp?' - quite a scary concept :eek:

At 10m you are outside of HDMI.org's 'High Speed' or 'Premium High Speed' certification window for cables - and whilst HDMI.org advise you to install a High Speed (or better) cable many folk find they can run 1080p over a Standard or non-certified cable without problems.

The cable is only one part of the equation so keep in mind the AVR, Cable and Projector all play a part in delivering a stable system.

Ensure you purchase from somewhere with a good Returns policy and fully test the cable before you 'install' it.

Joe

It won’t affect the amp.

Amazon Basics. I have one with Redmere at 15.2m and it works perfectly for 4K signals.

Amazon Basics. I have one with Redmere at 15.2m and it works perfectly for 4K signals.
Is that 4k @ 10.2 Gb/s or full 18Gb/s? Because Redmere only runs to 10.2Gb/s

HDMI Cables Longer than 8m (such as Redmere) will do 4k at the lower bitrates, but not found one yet that will do full fat 18GB/s, hence me biting the bullet and installing a RuiPro for a 10m run which will do full fat 4k.

Is that 4k @ 10.2 Gb/s or full 18Gb/s? Because Redmere only runs to 10.2Gb/s

HDMI Cables Longer than 8m (such as Redmere) will do 4k at the lower bitrates, but not found one yet that will do full fat 18GB/s, hence me biting the bullet and installing a RuiPro for a 10m run which will do full fat 4k.

I use it for 4K at 10.2Gbps as my Epson EH-TW9300 doesn't support 4K/60 with HDR (which requires 18.2Gbps bandwidth).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom