Bluesound Pulse 2i Wireless Speaker Review & Comments

If I’m watching blu ray movies through my NAD 758 or using Apple TV through my NAD can this speaker carry the same signal that my 5.1.4 system is playing in another room or adjacent hallway?

If it's anything like the Pulse 2 (non-i), and I expect it would be, it can only take PCM audio through the optical input.

You can use one input to group multiple players though - e.g. I'm using a pair of Pulse 2s in the kitchen as a stereo pair for music and TV, and the TV is only connected via optical to the left one.

If it's anything like the Pulse 2 (non-i), and I expect it would be, it can only take PCM audio through the optical input.

You can use one input to group multiple players though - e.g. I'm using a pair of Pulse 2s in the kitchen as a stereo pair for music and TV, and the TV is only connected via optical to the left one.

So it’s not like a sonos that can play through the tv into a playbar/sub/play1 pair AND also be send to another group or room (say a play 5 in the kitchen for example )

One of the things I like about my sonos is that I can listen to a basketball game or tv show as I’m
Walking around my house.

I was hoping to do that with my NAD 758 system if I was to get a bluesound speaker or two but you are saying this will not work that way?

So it’s not like a sonos that can play through the tv into a playbar/sub/play1 pair AND also be send to another group or room (say a play 5 in the kitchen for example )

One of the things I like about my sonos is that I can listen to a basketball game or tv show as I’m
Walking around my house.

I was hoping to do that with my NAD 758 system if I was to get a bluesound speaker or two but you are saying this will not work that way?

You can do exactly that with the Bluesound speakers. The only difference from Sonos is that I don't believe you can send an input only to another player. The source player needs to be part of the group.

Now, how that would work with the integrated BluOS on a T758 I have no idea... you select "optical" as a source on the speaker, if you can similarly assign one of the 758 inputs to BluOS then I suspect that would work in the same way.

In the BluOS app, it's under Settings -> Player -> Customise Sources.

I use a Vault 2 on my stereo set up and love it. The app is fabulous too. I'm just curious to the price on this. I want to expand my BluOS system (interestingly I've a MusicCast amp but the app isn't too hot). I think rather than the pulse 2i I'd be tempted by node2i and spend the other £250 on something like a Logitech k906 set up (which I amazingly good) to use it together.
I am thinking of getting a Pulse mini for the bedroom though - it's also got a headphone socket for listening in bed!
I know the Pulse 2i is an all in one solution, just seems a little over priced where you can get another good solution using BluOS for less.

I've just brought a powermode 2i for the bedroom with a pair of Dali Oberon 1s first time user with the app and find its brilliant dead easy and straight forwards to use and I am very pleased with the sound quality a really fab combo .

Wow, Airdrawndagger. Some excellently produced analogue synth. Lovely:clap:

Can anyone confirm whether the Bluesound control app presents albums in artist order when browsing by album please?

Can anyone confirm whether the Bluesound control app presents albums in artist order when browsing by album please?
You can set it to sort that way.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20190707-125526_BluOS.jpg
    SmartSelect_20190707-125526_BluOS.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 135

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom