Edifier S3000 Pro Active Stereo Speaker Review & Comments

Interesting review. :smashin:

I ended up with a Yamaha 'studio monitor' after buying so many (Atmos) soundbars. All of them sounded either thin or boomy...
Although the Samsung HW-N950 / HW-K950 is a good one, but still far cry from my current speakers, especially with music.

How does this Edifier compare with something like my Yamaha HS8?
I love my Yamahas, but miss some features/connectivity/remote of this Edifier. :(

Are there any active/powered speakers like these that come with HDMI?

I’m always pleased at the arrival of new active speakers, being an avowed fanboy and what not.

And it’s great to hear that they sound up to the job too.

What I can’t understand though is why Edifier persist with this hideously horrible Old Lady Furniture finishes.

And not even a choice of finish?

I do love the look of the grilles in the first photo though. Good shape and nearly transparent.

Are there any active/powered speakers like these that come with HDMI?

What is it you need the HDMI for? Optical for a tv is more than enough.

Zeos Pantera on YouTube REALLY likes these. Pretty certain he'll be taking these with him when he goes to Rocky Mountain Audio Fest and shaming the big boys.

Thanks for the review Ed. It's these or the Swan M300's but since they are not in the UK (yet), it will probably the S3000

Last edited:
What I can’t understand though is why Edifier persist with this hideously horrible Old Lady Furniture finishes.

Maybe that's astute marketing - it's the older folk with all the money!

Edifier have certainly retained the 'distinctive' appearance from their powered speakers (much) lower down the range. Technically speaking though, I admire their ambition.

Though of limited value, there is a Sound Demo of the Edifier 3000Pro recorded using studio quality microphones and a Hi-Res digital recorder. That said it is a YouTube video. To me they sound like very detailed and well balanced speakers, though Youtube tends to skew toward the Mid/High in their videos -

If additionally interested, here is his review of the 3000 Pro -

As to the appearance, if you think these have Old Lady aesthetics, I would like to know what you think good speakers look like?

Edifier S3000PRO Hi Res Audio Active 2.0 Wireless Monitor Speakers with Bluetooth - £589/pr -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Edifier-S3000PRO-Wireless-Speakers-Bluetooth/dp/B07LC7LDQX/

The most appealing feature is the fact that they have a Remote Control which puts them ahead of and makes them more flexible and practical than common Studio Monitors.

But then ... that's my opinion.

Steve/bluewizard

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Though of limited value, there is a Sound Demo of the Edifier 3000Pro recorded using studio quality microphones and a Hi-Res digital recorder. That said it is a YouTube video. To me there sound like very detailed and well balanced speakers, though Youtube tends to skew toward the Mid/High in their videos -

As to the appearance, if you think these have Old Lady aesthetics, I would like to know what you think good speakers look like?

Edifier S3000PRO Hi Res Audio Active 2.0 Wireless Monitor Speakers with Bluetooth - £589/pr -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Edifier-S3000PRO-Wireless-Speakers-Bluetooth/dp/B07LC7LDQX/

The most appealing feature is the fact that they have a Remote Control which puts them ahead of and makes them more flexible and practical than common Studio Monitors.

Steve/bluewizard

They'll probably look better if you do the usual Z trick and turn them upside down lol

I dont mind the look as long as you keep the grill on

Maybe that's astute marketing - it's the older folk with all the money!

Edifier have certainly retained the 'distinctive' appearance from their powered speakers (much) lower down the range. Technically speaking though, I admire their ambition.

Certainly they are making admirable contributions to great sounding inexpensive gear. I just don’t get the brown wrap and no other choices.

It could be to appeal to the wobbly generation I suppose... but is that a large market?

Though of limited value, there is a Sound Demo of the Edifier 3000Pro recorded using studio quality microphones and a Hi-Res digital recorder. That said it is a YouTube video. To me there sound like very detailed and well balanced speakers, though Youtube tends to skew toward the Mid/High in their videos -

Steve/bluewizard

It’s the cheap ‘timber’ only wrap that puzzles me Steve. And only one option at that. I suppose it’s supposed to resemble Rosewood...?

It’s a purely personal observation. I just hate Rosewood.

But it’s also a bit odd to me that a company trying to grow, and having the technical ability to do so, seemingly stunts sales with a single choice finish. Even if it does appear to be amongst the most popular.

A differing selection of vinyl wraps can’t be that expensive.

Ps, I love the shape and the grille is one of the best I’ve ever seen.

If they shipped them in gloss black (for instance) even at a £50 premium I’m sure they’d sell many more.

AAFC7214-E636-4569-841E-34DFE386DD69.jpeg

...for instance, the same companies S880

Massively more modern and much better looking for it imo.

It’s the cheap ‘timber’ only wrap that puzzles me Steve. And only one option at that. I suppose it’s supposed to resemble Rosewood...?

Personally I like a more medium slightly reddish finish. But the single finish is very very likely to keep costs down.

Personally, though I'm only going by photos, I think they look great, but in terms if finishes alone, I prefer the even lighter S2000Pro which are more Cherry.

Edifier - S3000PRO

edifier-s3000pro-brown_SJh-8qFv4.jpg

S3000Pro%20[2]BJBnpw_1E.jpg

Those do not look like ugly speakers to me.

Steve/bluewizard

Interesting but look terrible for me.

Interesting but look terrible for me.

That's OK, not everybody likes everything, but I think they look great, though personally I would prefer a Cherry finish. But your opinion of their looks is valid simply because you have it.

Steve/bluewizard

That's OK, not everybody likes everything, but I think they look great, though personally I would prefer a Cherry finish. But your opinion of their looks is valid simply because you have it.

Steve/bluewizard

Absolutely, the world would be a dull place if everyone thought the same!

Question - I’m looking to upgrade from my current Q acoustics BT-3’s which are on stands fairly close to the wall about 60mm to be precise, as they are front ported it doesn’t matter but concerned how these S3000pro would work that close to a wall? Any thoughts.

These look fantastic value for money IMO.

Thanks

Gindy

But it’s also a bit odd to me that a company trying to grow, and having the technical ability to do so, seemingly stunts sales with a single choice finish. Even if it does appear to be amongst the most popular.

A differing selection of vinyl wraps can’t be that expensive.

Ps, I love the shape and the grille is one of the best I’ve ever seen.

If they shipped them in gloss black (for instance) even at a £50 premium I’m sure they’d sell many more.

You might like these ones, think it Edifiers venture also

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07DC9TMFP/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_7?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom