Exposure XM5 Integrated Amp Review & Comments

Unusual for a review to have no comments, so.........

I'm thinking of buying a new amp next year, has anyone got this amp. Is it any good etc. My speakers are Near Sx2 and I currently use a Quad Vena.

Would this be a worthwhile step up or would I be better of just sticking with what I've got.

Also in the 'running are Creek evo50, Rega Elex r. Any thoughts on how these compare against each other and his they okay with the Neats.

I will be buying used so difficult to get an audition etc.

Thanks and Happy New Year

I tested the Naim Nait 5si & Exposure 2010 integrated amp with Neat sx2's and i loved both of them but the Naim at the time had a 5 year warranty and i had not that much info on Exposure, so i went home with the Naim.
I all so had a demo of the XM5 at the same time but i did not like the size of the unit (just not for me at the time and my hifi unit) sound was like the 2010.
12 months down the line i was looking for a new DAC and i wanted a Naim N dac but at best part of £1,000 for a second hand unit it was a no from me and i ended up with a Exposure DAC (second hand)
for a more realistic £350 and i must say i have been very impressed with it.

I have the XM5, previously had a Yamaha AS801, which was excellent, different to the Exposure though. The Yamaha was very powerful with huge dynamics.
The exposure is more musical, more detail. I've had few Exposure amps in the past.
18, 18 monoblocks and a Model Super eight. I really like them and regret selling them.
The reason I went for the XM5 was because our new tv unit won't accomadate full width units. The XM5 could do with one more analogue input though.

Ron

That's the trouble with Naim, it's out of my budget I think. I guess I'm just not convinced that the amps I've mentioned will be a step up from what I've got.

I could get a demo at a dealer but as I've no intention of buying new that doesn't feel like the right thing to do.

I've had a couple Quad amp, 606 was the last one. Don't what the newer ones are like, but I always found the 606 to offer a dry presentation.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom