Harman Kardon Citation Bar Review & Comments

Thank you for the review and suggested alternatives are useful.

Last edited:
I can't see this appealing to av enthusiasts or audiophiles, definitely one for the "lifestyle" market.

Another pointless expensive soundbar. I am sure they will shift 500-1000 units.

Expensive soundbars must have support for Atmos, DTS-X and eARC. If it can't be paired with a subwoofer wirelessly then it should at least feature a subwoofer pre-out.

Best Buy, here in the US, has it for sale today for $299.99. After reading the reviews, I have mixed feelings but I’m willing to give it a go at this price point... my main concern is lack of product reviews and it seems as if H/K are no longer manufacturing the citation series?

It seems still available in the UK. $299 sounds a very low price. Did you get it in the end?

The lack of support for the newer codecs is obviously a cost issue, to my mind, but why in 2020 does a company like this bother? Yamaha, once renowned for their a/v kit have also released kit without support for Atmos. I just don’t get it, but then they won’t be getting my money :D

I'm here in June 2021 in search of a smart speaker with better than "google home" sound quality and also support for additional input sources so I can hook it up to my PC and IOS devices, and this appears to be the only thing that ticks those boxes.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom