Living Room Luxury

orange55

Prominent Member
Reaction score
10-FinalMaster.jpg

After many months of planning and work our lounge is finished and featured in the February edition of Home Cinema Choice magazine. Richard @ Bespoke Home Cinema Installations SeriouslyCinema has done a great job in bringing a truly amazing sound system into our home. We have a 5.2.4 system with MK Sound speakers and a Lyngdorf MP-50 Surround Sound Processor.

10a-Screen.jpg

10b-Ceiling.jpg

10cWall.jpg

10d-Cabinet1.jpg

10e_Cabinet2.jpg

10f-Ceiling.jpg

Full Kit List
  • MK Sound Speakers: 3 x IW300 (LCR Speakers), 2 x X10 subwoofers, 2 x IW150 (surround speakers), 4 x IW950 (in-ceiling speakers),
  • Lyngdorf: MP-50 Surround Sound Processor, 16 Channels, Dolby Atmos, DTX:X & Auro-3D
  • Tag Mclaren: 2 x 100x5R 5 Channel Power Amplifier
  • Panasonic: TX-65HZ1000 OLED TV (Installed after pictures taken)
  • Oppo: Oppo UDP-203 AudioCom Signature Edition Blu-ray Player
  • Melco: NA1A Music Server
  • Apple TV: 4K
  • Sky: Sky+ HD
  • SOtM: sNH-10G Network Switch & sPS-500 Power Supply
  • Philips: Pronto TSU9600 Multi-room Control System
  • AC Infinity: 3 x Aircom T8 Cooling System
  • Lumagen: Video Processor
  • IsoTek: Sigmas Conditioner
  • Lutron: Lighting Control
  • Chord: Sarum Super Tuned Aray Cables

Last edited:
The Design

This is how the room started out before the building work.

1-A.jpg

1-B.jpg

Pre-work Design's and Planning
Then came the design's working with SeiouslyCinema and the detailed planning to ensure everything would fit and work as expected.

1-Design.jpg

2-Design.jpg

3-Design.jpg

4-Design.jpg

The Build

There was a lot of preparation work involved including: blocking up a window, building 'fake' pillars for the surround speakers, building a 'fake' chimney breast and integrated AV cabinet to hide all the kit, rewiring including a dedicated mains supply to the AV cabinet, extractor fans to keep things cool and two 19" racks to store all of the equipment.

build1.jpg
build2.jpg
build3.jpg
build4.jpg
build5.jpg
Build5a.jpg
build5b.jpg
build6.jpg
build9.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations, lovely looking room!!

Very nice. Congrats. Good work by Rich @Seriously Ltd once again...

Beautiful room. Impressive equipment in that space and looks like a really high standard of finish.

I really like the attention to detail in both the planning and building. Things like the pillars and the external extraction.

orange55,

It really is a spectacular looking room.
Great job Richard @SeriouslyCinema

It goes to show how the modern custom installer can design not only a stunning cinema system, but one that integrates into a modern living room......who says cinema rooms have to be dark!!!!!

Is the center speaker angled up so the tweeters are aimed at ear-level?
No it’s an in wall speaker but the dispersion works well in the room with the given MLP distance and seating height.

Beautiful room!

Great result @orange55. Awesome to see the TAG amps still powering on :).

@Seriously Ltd where did you get the rack from?

The internal rack housing the electronics, not the white unit please

Bloomin' lovely mate, you are a very lucky boy! What are those lovely looking floorstanders in the before photo called?

Fantastic room, great design. You have some serious kit there. I’ve just discovered Lyngdorf courtesy of Rich @Seriously Ltd . Even though I’ve been into this AV hobby for over 18 years and Hifi for as long as I can remember... sometimes getting the right advice can really pay dividends. Slowly getting there , it’s just I’ve taken a few wrong turns...

Interestingly I also had a Tag system back in the day. The top loading DVD player sync linked to the processor was pretty dam good. Shame Tag Audio is not trading anymore.

I’m also having a similar AV unit being built to house centre speaker and subs. I’m trying to decide the height of unit to raise the centre speaker slightly. What height are your stereo pair ?

Last edited:
Bloomin' lovely mate, you are a very lucky boy! What are those lovely looking floorstanders in the before photo called?
Thanks for the feedback.

Those speakers are Linn Arkuate 242, I thought they would be the last pair of speakers I would ever need to buy. How things change!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom