Naim Mu-so 2nd Generation Review & Comments

I was going to buy one of these for a bedroom system ideal but then read allegedly if it ever breaks down its a door stop as Naim won't repair them once out of warranty bit worrying for something costing £1300. I've no doubt it does sound great though. In the end I went for blue sound powermode 2i and a pair of Dali Oberon 1s can also add a sub if more bass is required good review Phil I am sure plenty will buy one.

I want one.

I've always ended up with a headache after listening to naim. It's so shouty.
It's well priced, I'll give it that.

When I used to work in JL, the 1st gen would frequently be returned because of problems with the touchscreen on it. I think our demo model worked for a total of 1 week for the 7 months I worked there

The Naim MUSO series dosent sound like 'Naim'. I don't particularly like NAIM Hifi, but I havea Muso and two QB's, they are fantastic and probably the best there is.

I do also like the Audio Pro C series, I have a C3 also.

I've had my Muso's now for three years, used daily, never had an issue. I think one of the things that sets NAIM aside is the stability of their streaming systems, never have any drop outs or loss connections etc.

So what do you think about using this primarily as a TV soundbar compared to equivalently priced Samsung and Sony soundbars? I don't care about mimicking 5.1/atmos, I just want great pure sound......

So what do you think about using this primarily as a TV soundbar compared to equivalently priced Samsung and Sony soundbars? I don't care about mimicking 5.1/atmos, I just want great pure sound......

Couldn't comment as I've never done it. My OLED has a soundbar built in (E7) which is great, and my main system is wired up to it when needed.

I have never heard a soundbar that was any good tbh, all top and low heavy to mimic an 'impressive' sound, the Q Acoustics one is very good as its far more natural sounding, but I cannot see why the NAIM would not excel in that area tbh.

Can’t see anywhere if it supports DTS. Had a look on the website bit not clear. Could be a replacement for my Sonos soundbar if it does.

It doesn't. Stereo PCM only. It's a stereo audio product that can additionally be used as a boost for a TV.

It doesn't. Stereo PCM only. It's a stereo audio product that can additionally be used as a boost for a TV.
Ah, got it. Thanks!

Excellent review. I am a big fan of Naim products. What they do well above many other brands is good IT integration. Apps that are well designed and relatively major bugfree. Networking that is reliable.

Just cast mind back to how much of a car crash the KEF LS50 Wireless were when first launched.

I am thinking of getting this but the where I want to place it, the shelf space under the TV, would block access to the dial interface - is that a big issue? I only plan to use it as a TV soundbar (HDMI ARC or optical) and probably Bluetooth music eg Tidal.

I am thinking of getting this but the where I want to place it, the shelf space under the TV, would block access to the dial interface - is that a big issue? I only plan to use it as a TV soundbar (HDMI ARC or optical) and probably Bluetooth music eg Tidal.

I've never touched the dial once on the 1st Gen muso since setting it up.You can control all the functions from the App, and the remote...

I was going to buy one of these for a bedroom system ideal but then read allegedly if it ever breaks down its a door stop as Naim won't repair them once out of warranty bit worrying for something costing £1300.

What happens if you have a Richer Sounds 6 year extended warranty I wonder ?

A few weeks ago my Pure Avanti finally died and I was in the market for a table top radio.I bought an ex-dem 1st gen Muso in pristine condition for £599 in very nice champagne colour special edition.It was set up in minutes and has performed superbly since purchase.The app is excellent and I can access my music using Minimserver with album art as normal.As far as radio is concerned I was pleasantly surprised that all BBC stations including regional ones were available in Hi-Res 320kbps without having to set up a M3u playlist.For such a small box the sound is excellent and I have been using my way OTT main system less than normal.Like op I have never touched controls on top of unit.

What happens if you have a Richer Sounds 6 year extended warranty I wonder ?
I don't know probably have to give you a replacement . I think its because the muso is assembled in China though this as I say was allegedly might just be a load of rubbish made up but it was enough to put me off buying.

I don't know probably have to give you a replacement . I think its because the muso is assembled in China though this as I say was allegedly might just be a load of rubbish made up but it was enough to put me off buying.

Weird because on their site they say they accept out of warranty Musos for repair through their service centres. Which is the exact opposite of what you "have read".

Mu-so Range Warranty

Smells like fake news being spread, surprised you fell for it so easily.........
My bro has had nothing but great customer service through them but that's for other products.

Weird because on their site they say they accept out of warranty Musos for repair through their service centres. Which is the exact opposite of what you "have read".

Mu-so Range Warranty

Smells like fake news being spread, surprised you fell for it so easily.........
My bro has had nothing but great customer service through them but that's for other products.
Hi it wasn't just one forum and was well discussed as regards my other purchase very happy the bluesound great streamer and app and sounds very good but I do think I would have been happy with the muso, think it was on the naim forums that I first read about the warranty side.

Hi it wasn't just one forum and was well discussed as regards my other purchase very happy the bluesound great streamer and app and sounds very good but I do think I would have been happy with the muso, think it was on the naim forums that I first read about the warranty side.

Citation?

I need some advice. I am trying to decide between the Naim Mu-So 2nd gen and the KEF LS50W. The speaker would reside in my living room and would 90% of the time be used as an ambient / background music. I rarely if ever sit and purposely listen to music. If I do, it would be classical music, eg piano concertos. My priorities are good quality sound, convenience, ease of use (I have apple products at home), and finally minimalist cosmetics. Is it safe to assume that the 2 speaker system will ALWAYS sound better? That being said, would the difference be sufficiently noticeable? Are there alternatives that I am missing out on? Any advice would be greatly appreciated from this forum...

I need some advice. I am trying to decide between the Naim Mu-So 2nd gen and the KEF LS50W. The speaker would reside in my living room and would 90% of the time be used as an ambient / background music. I rarely if ever sit and purposely listen to music. If I do, it would be classical music, eg piano concertos. My priorities are good quality sound, convenience, ease of use (I have apple products at home), and finally minimalist cosmetics. Is it safe to assume that the 2 speaker system will ALWAYS sound better? That being said, would the difference be sufficiently noticeable? Are there alternatives that I am missing out on? Any advice would be greatly appreciated from this forum...
I have just bought a muso 2, I downsized from a Naim superuniti and pmc twenty 24 speakers. Yes, you can notice the difference but depending on your room layout, it’s maybe a compromise you can live with. The only way to tell is to audition both and see which suits you the best.

I ended up purchasing the LS50W. I had a chance to listen to the LSX and LS50W side by side and it was clear that the LS50W had more warmth, depth and clarity for classical and vocals. It is not as convenient as the LSX with the airplay but I am looking into a Roon lifetime membership. But I will try KEF’s proprietary app first and see if it will suffice. The LS50W was on sale for $1800.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom