NEWS: LG confirms 2019 TV rollout

"achieve the optimal level of screen brightness by analyzing ambient conditions."
haven't tv's been doing this for years?

When is likely release for the 65C9 in the UK anyone know approx compared to last year and expected price ?

I think it was around the £4k mark for a 65".

I would be surprised if it's £4k , I think £3799 worse case and hopefully £3499 . Put it this way if the Panny gz2000 rumoured price is £4299 the C9 is going to be a very hard sell at £4k

I wouldn't be so sure - there will be a lot of people who have been waiting for HDMI 2.1 to pounce and I'm sure LG would like to get their cash at full price before the innevitable price drops as we head toward the summer.

Interesting the HDMI 2.1 features don't list "quick media syncing" - this is one of the features I've been looking forward to as it will eliminate the black screen when switching from 60 Hz to 24 Hz (e.g. Apple TV menu to a film). I hope this doesn't become a regular casualty of the whole "HDMI 2.1 features are optional" thing.

I would be surprised if it's £4k , I think £3799 worse case and hopefully £3499 . Put it this way if the Panny gz2000 rumoured price is £4299 the C9 is going to be a very hard sell at £4k
Someone posted link in other thread that Germany had it listed for 3499 Euro so if that is correct it is approx £3200

So LG is also doing full hdmi 2.1 support on LCD models.....

Someone posted link in other thread that Germany had it listed for 3499 Euro so if that is correct it is approx £3200

Prices never work like that as the UK always gets screwed so it will match it at £3500 or be higher

It's not mentioned there but probably the biggest thing to come out of LG in the last few days is...........................................

MASS PRODUCT OF OLED 48" PANELS WILL BEGIN.

Which is ironic really with QLED suddenly hitting it's stride this year and having a model under 50".
But hey least there will be options soon for people who don't want 55"+ but still want a premium TV.

Prices never work like that as the UK always gets screwed so it will match it at £3500 or be higher
Another case of RIP OFF BRITAIN then.

It's not mentioned there but probably the biggest thing to come out of LG in the last few days is...........................................

MASS PRODUCT OF OLED 48" PANELS WILL BEGIN.

Which is ironic really with QLED suddenly hitting it's stride this year and having a model under 50".
But hey least there will be options soon for people who don't want 55"+ but still want a premium TV.
Not until.. End of 2020 at least !!!!

"achieve the optimal level of screen brightness by analyzing ambient conditions."
haven't tv's been doing this for years?
Yes they have. My Panasonic plasma does this but it's one of the functions that get turned off during professional calibration as using it will affect the calibrated picture. Whether this is still true for OLED, I don't know.

Guessing those of you reading this thread will be considering a 2019 LG OLED.

Is anyone else looking for a new soundbar setup to pair with the upcoming TV?

I am specifically thinking that I'd like to take advantage of eARC, seeing as the new TV's will support this. I know some Sony soundbars support eARC.

Does anyone have a short-list of eARC soundbars they can share? Considering Atmos but not really required, depends on price.

Something available now is preferable, as I am trying to tolerate my awful projector's built-in speaker in the meantime.

I’m glad she is not in charge of LG pricing, can you imagine ...
Ok, price will be £3499...nooooo too expensive they say
Ok, I’ve made some amendments, the new price will be £3499....nooooooo they say
Ok, I’ve looked at this again, now you need to take it or leave it, but the best we can now do is £3499, what do you think?....

Last edited:
I’m glad she is not in charge of LG pricing, can you imagine ...
Ok, price will be £3499...nooooo to expensive they say
Ok, I’ve made some amendments, the new price will be £3499....nooooooo they say
Ok, I’ve looked at this again, now you need to take it or leave it, but the best we can now do is £3499, what do you think?....

Way to expensive and especially when you think you will loose atoi d £1300 by Black Friday.

Australian prices are up , the 65 " C9 is up for 6399 ,equates to
3,411.15 Pound sterling

Australian prices are up , the 65 " C9 is up for 6399 ,equates to
3,411.15 Pound sterling

That should come down quite quickly, I’m I’m a right dilemma, usual conundrum, wait 6-9 months on the C9 coming down in price or get the C8 for just under £2k!!

I'm so glad I committed to a C8 last year. Highly delighted with the TV and totally exceeded my expectations. 6 months on, it STILL amazes me at times with the picture quality. Absolutely love this tv.

The thought of starting the TV buying process all over again can be a nightmare and hopefully this set will see me for 5 years like my last plasma did.

I'm sure the C9 will be a superb TV too though. The LG oleds are stunning :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Just saw the US LG OLED prices are out and there's no drop. If this means the same here in the UK we'll soon find out.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom