NEWS: Samsung Q70R and Q60R UK prices revealed

Price drop over time and the Q70 could be an XF90 killer.

I would expect as much being a year newer but surely it's aimed to compete with the newer XG90?

XG90 is only available in 49”. Sony are carrying over the XF90 so it has to compete with this, regardless

Price drop over time and the Q70 could be an XF90 killer.
Considering the XF90 is so far being reported as close to or even better than the XG95 in some departments and sizes, the Q70R seems an unlikely fair fight.

Considering the XF90 is so far being reported as close to or even better than the XG95 in some departments and sizes, the Q70R seems an unlikely fair fight.

Same zone count and likely to hit similar nits. I think it’s a fair fight. It should cover more of the colour gamut too.

I think your point re the XG95 reflects Sony’s almost complete lack of drive to improve their lcd range. It’s stalled.

Think the 75" Q70R will be the sweet spot for me when deciding between a Panny 65" Panny OLED and 75" QLED.
If the picture quality is good enough and not too far off the higher spec QLEDs then it's a really good price. I guess it all comes down to the number of zones and difference compared with those others. I don't need wide viewing angels as it will be in a cinema\gaming room.

For me it is the 49" Q70R being of most interest. The main worry is the lack of wide angle viewing. Will that alone in reality really matter that much with my seating position straight in front of the tv, not sure.

The Q60R gives too much of the top tech QLED away for me to consider.

AV forums hurry up with the reviews :D

For me it is the 49" Q70R being of most interest. The main worry is the lack of wide angle viewing. Will that alone in reality really matter that much with my seating position straight in front of the tv, not sure.

The Q60R gives too much of the top tech QLED away for me to consider.

AV forums hurry up with the reviews :D

The viewing angle On the Q60/70R will be as good (or should that be poor) as previous TVs and as everyone has those already and you're happy with it then it will be fine especially as viewing straight on.

The viewing angle On the Q60/70R will be as good (or should that be poor) as previous TVs and as everyone has those already and you're happy with it then it will be fine especially as viewing straight on.

Yeah that is what I am leaning towards. OK the higher models will have better viewing angle but if you only ever watch straight on does it really change anything.

Yeah that is what I am leaning towards. OK the higher models will have better viewing angle but if you only ever watch straight on does it really change anything.

They also have way more dimming zones so I’m waiting to see what the reviews are like and whether the Q70R still does decent blacks compared to the higher models.
If not then it’ll be an OLED I think.

Well as it seems that the Panasonic 65" GZ950 OLED is going to be £2500 (available to pre-order), there's no way the the Q70R or even the Q85/90R are worth it.
Also with the 75" Q70R being £1k more than the 65" Panny OLED not sure I can justify the extra on just 10 inches (might be different if that was the price of the Q90R).

Will be interesting to see if those Samsung prices drop a fair amount after release.

I'm looking forward to seeing reviews on the Q60! I see that the rest of the Samsung range is now on the currys website but still now sign of the Q60, When do we expect this to me arriving in the UK? and will it be a VA screen?

The Q60R should be released same time as the other samsung tvs which is tomorrow the 26th

Well as it seems that the Panasonic 65" GZ950 OLED is going to be £2500 (available to pre-order), there's no way the the Q70R or even the Q85/90R are worth it.
Also with the 75" Q70R being £1k more than the 65" Panny OLED not sure I can justify the extra on just 10 inches (might be different if that was the price of the Q90R).

Will be interesting to see if those Samsung prices drop a fair amount after release.

Like to know your logic re the Q90 comment. All of the TVs you list are overpriced. The 950 is the base oled so your comment re the 90 is poor as you’re not comparing like for like and the oled hasn’t even been reviewed yet

Like to know your logic re the Q90 comment. All of the TVs you list are overpriced. The 950 is the base oled so your comment re the 90 is poor as you’re not comparing like for like and the oled hasn’t even been reviewed yet

The Panny 950 is the same screen and quality as the GZ1000 and GZ1500, only difference is the stand and soundbar. It's only the GZ2000 that has a special panel and a premium price.

Considering the Q90R might come close to an OLED it's still going to be way more expensive for the 65" compared to the Panasonic.
Samsung 65" Q90R = £3800
Panasonic 65" GZ950 = £2500

No contest really and even though the Q85R and of course the Q70R are cheaper, because they have less dimming zones they most likely won't be near the Q90R. Also no Dolby Vision.
I was thinking of a 75" QLED and taking a slight hit on picture quality for the extra size but not for a minimum of £1200 more than the OLEDs.

But maybe there will be some great discounts later this year :)

Again, you say no contest without there being a single review of the Panasonic in any guise.

Nice pre conceived bias.

Again, you say no contest without there being a single review of the Panasonic in any guise.

Nice pre conceived bias.

;)

True although I'm going by both the Panasonic and Samsung reports from CES and quite indepth "previews" from HDTVTest etc...
Obviously I will be waiting for full proper reviews but the general consensus seems to be QLED this year (especially the Q90R) is very close to OLED on quality and especially blacks which is why I'm now adding them to my list of options for my cinema\gaming room. However if the prices as they are at the moment it seems OLED is the more competitive price and QLED strangely seems to be going for premium pricing.

Will be very interesting to see what happens with the pricing ones everything is out in the wild and they start competing :)

Hi I am also looking at the new QLED Q60 in the 43” for my bedroom. I understand it has two tv tuners. From my understanding does this suggest that one will be able to record a program on freeview whilst watching another?

I'm assuming Samsung are still using a 60hz panel with the 49Q70R? I hope not because if it was a 120hz panel I'd buy that over the xf90 but I think Samsung is a bit confused about pricing atm so I'll wait for them to come to their senses.

I'm assuming Samsung are still using a 60hz panel with the 49Q70R? I hope not because if it was a 120hz panel I'd buy that over the xf90 but I think Samsung is a bit confused about pricing atm so I'll wait for them to come to their senses.

I believe it is 60hz. Rules it out for me too. Not going to 60 from current 120 panel and unless we move I don’t think I can go to 55”.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom