Samsung MS650, SWAW700 & SWA900S

Robbo891

Established Member
Reaction score
Ive had the above soundbar and wireless rear speakers now for about a year and its fantastic. Ive got the curved bar to match the TV. I have just added the W700 wireless sub and to be honest i'm disappointed.

Judging by the looks, feel and quality of the unit i was expecting a room shaking bass but far from it. Sometimes i think is it even on. Ive carried out resets, re-sync, tried sound tests etc. Just thankful i didnt shell out £500. Paid £250. Anyone else experienced this?

My previous onkyo system which didnt have the power of the samsung setup was earth shuddering. superb it was!

My experience is entirely different, the sub has brought some lovely rumbles to the room!
What size room is it in and where have you placed it? Also what volume setting is the sub itself on?

Hmm something can’t be quite right.
I use skyQ and the volume on sub is +6
What volume do you normally have the soundbar on? I have it on about 11 on smart sound.

The sub is placed near the soundbar which I admit maybe not the best so could try moving it.
The room is about 4m x 4m approx

OK so I find the best place for the sub is the corner. You really should be hearing the presence of the sub in a 4m x 4m room. My sub is on +5 volume and when watching a movie volume is at 15. Watching something like Bladerunner 2049 the rumbles should be quite obvious. (I use smart setting too)
Has the sub def got a blue light on?

Do you have the speaker side facing the walls? I do intend to move it after xmas when the tree goes. I also think i may have sorted it. My TV setting was on PCM for HDMI audio input so have changed it to bitstream. not sure what audio output i should go with. I only have dolby digital and PCM available. Any ideas? Cheers for the advice

Yes, speaker faces the rear wall opposite to the seating (so blue light 'disc' front facing).
When you say sorted...whats changed in terms of sound?

Yeah that’s how I have it now. It sounds better in I can now hear the sub loud and clear. Do you have a Samsung tv? What audio settings is your TV set to? Cheers

Thats good, its a pretty decent sub I think.
I don't have a Samsung TV, I use it all with a projector.

Nice. I used to have projector but just have a 65” tv now.
The sound is definitely better with bitstream and Dolby digital rather than PCM

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom