site www.alivestudios.co.uk DIGITLY REMASTER tapes to hd

mark3

Established Member
Reaction score
hi i have got a little problem if anyone can help me with this problem
right there is a site called www.alivestudios.co.uk and what the site does is DIGITLY REMASTERS tapes all types like vhs and Betamax and camcorder tapes and other types of tapes on there site it tells you a full list and I have seen some youtube videos of what they DIGITLY REMASTER to hd
right this link tells you want they do it is done in 5 steps but it does not tell you what is used it does show you 5 pictures so can anyone here what is the 5 things used I know the last one is a usb stick so I only need to know what is the 4 steps I have messaged alivestudios and emailed them to ask them what is the 4 things in the pictures but they have not got back to my email so can anyone tell me in the 4 steps what is the 4 things used

this is the link where you have the picture of the 5 steps and it tells you a little bit about it but it does not say what is used so if anyone knows what is used and could tell me that would be great
5 Step Video Workflow

video_workflow

ok then can you tell me then what is the 4 things used then cos it only shows you the picture it does not say what the items are used

so on step 1 what is the Tape Cleaning what do they do and use
and step 2 is Tape Deck what is one of theses would that play a vhs tape and other tapes what is one of them that is used

step 3 is Teranex what is that and can I buy one of them

and step 4 is Edit and Restore my guess is that it is a software for the pc but I am not sure

so if anyone knows of the stuff that is used if anyone can please tell me what is used that would be great

Last edited:
You either need to use another browser or scroll down, there is a large amount of text under the picture that answers all of your questions.

As for a terenex....
Blackmagic Design Teranex 2D Teranex Processor

It would not by economically viable to buy the hardware and software they use if you wanted to convert your own videos to the same sort of standard.

ok then the 1st one is Tape Cleaning what is used to clean the tapes then cos it does not say what is used to clean the tapes are the tapes took out of the case so like if I had a vhs movie and took the screws out the back of it I would be left with the two white circles with the black tape connected to both of them which is what I think they do but not sure if the tape is took out of the case then what do they use then cos it does not say what is used to clean the tapes

right and the second one is Video Tape Deck what is one of them is it something that plays the black tape with the two white circles which is connected to the black tape I don't even know what one of theses is Video Tape Deck and I cant seem to find this anywhere does that play all types of tapes my guess is there use one item to play all tapes cos I don't think they use a video player to play vhs tapes for some reason I think that it could be maybe they take the tape out of the case so they are left with the black tape with the two white circles and then they use something to play it but I cant seem to find a Video Tape Deck and I don't know what one is

and the 4th one is Edit and Restore my guess is it looks like a software for the pc but it does not say the name of the software in the text it only shows you a picture of the software

so if anyone can please help me with the last 3 things that would be great
and thanks for the 3rd one crafty

The first one will be a machine like this or a rival:
Video Tape Cleaners

The second one is essentially just a VHS player, but a model aimed at the professional market. Perhaps one of the Panasonic Professional range.

The fourth one looks like Premiere Pro, which is the most popular high end video editing software out there.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom