They Live 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Simon Crust

Editorial Contributor
Reaction score
Many thanks for the early review Simon :smashin:

I was hoping these releases would live up to expecations and so this is very encouraging for Escape, Fog & Prince ... will you be doing reviews of those too ?

They Live is a great film so looking forward to seeing this in 4k.

Thanks Simon,

Strangely enough we were talking about this Movie just a few Days ago. It will be a renter for me, but look forward to seeing it again

EDIT: I think you meant "the REAGAN years", unless they slipped in an extra President on us :)

Last edited:
I LOVED this movie back in the day, and watched it a couple of years ago and found that hasn't changed. Would have liked to see Rowdy get more roles.

I'll be getting this ASAP! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the review Simon. Now this is a classic, great plot love the script the love the soundtrack i remember it having some deep bass notes in the opening scene. Loved Everything about this another John Carpenter great

Thanks for the review simon, towards the end you wrote "They Live hit theatres in 1988, during the Ragan years", i think you meant reagan years.

Thanks for the review simon, towards the end you wrote "They Live hit theatres in 1988, during the Ragan years", i think you meant reagan years.
I pointed that out as well in my first "Cas" Message ;)

Ok, this is it. This will be the first 4k disc I order. Love love love this film....and it has the greatest fight scene in any movie ever, not to mention one of my favourite lines (you know - the "bubblegum" one!!!)

Eagerly awaiting The Fog and Escape From New York releases now.
Would also love Prince of Darkness in 4K.

Last edited:
Excellent review thank you Simon i do have a question about the accompanying Blu ray if you could check please does it also have the DTS-HD MA 5.1 mix?

An excellent slice of Carpenter and more relevant than ever in our depressing era of fake news.

As for the disc, I was going to pick up the steel but the art is just too ugly to be worth buying. The big set is interesting but I'm not sure I need the soundtrack. (I can listen to it anytime I like on Apple Music I imagine)

I'm going to hold out for a freebie iTunes 4K upgrade.

Thanks Simon,

Strangely enough we were talking about this Movie just a few Days ago. It will be a renter for me, but look forward to seeing it again

EDIT: I think you meant "the REAGAN years", unless they slipped in an extra President on us :)

Maybe that president got kidnapped by the Duke. He's A Number One you know! :D

Pre-ordered this a while back as it's one of my all-time favourite movies. Glad to see that pre-order validated. Thanks for the early review, Simon. Can't wait to get my copy.

Brilliant bit of Sci-Fi!

Absolutely love this film, And Roddy was not a bad actor compared to other offerings at the time!

I'm really happy this sounds like it has a great picture. I love the Carpenter films and this and The Fog are two of my favourites. I really hope The Fog matches up to this picture quality wise.

Bodes well for the also soon to be released Escape from New York .

Was on the fence about this on, have EFNY and The Fog pre-ordered but succumbed and this has joined the list.

a guilty pleasure. "im here to chew bubble gum and kick ass" "and im all outta chewing gum"

Bodes well for the other Carpenter restorations StudioCanal are doing. Especially looking forward to The Fog and Escape From NY. :)

Off on a tangent but does anyone know why Prince of Darkness isn't available on the UK iTunes store?

My copy of 'They Live' UHD just arrived from Amazon.

Pity I'm still waiting for my Sony 4K TV to be delivered...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom