Upgrade on a UE49KS7000

MarkXIII

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hey there everyone, im looking to upgrade on my current tv looking from 55inch but preferably 65inch price range upto £1700 but am happy to have plenty of examples that dont necessarily hit the full amount... i appreciate all the time,effort and replies in advance...Thankyou

thanks for your reply Dodgexander i appreciate it.. i did see the samsung Q9 which also looked pretty good... i'll go and check all that out.. thanks again for your time

As above the Sony xf9005, the 65 inch b8 oled is a great price now too, the Q9FN currently has a deal where you get a free note 9 phone with your purchase

Thanks furryhobnob, yeah i had seen that i thinks thats what initially made me look towards that tv because I'd love to get a note 9 they are supposed to be really good.. plus i can go through my gfs work discounts with Samsung.. but I'm open to anything atm because I'm not clued up on tv technology..i got help from you amazing guys last time..

Thanks furryhobnob, yeah i had seen that i thinks thats what initially made me look towards that tv because I'd love to get a note 9 they are supposed to be really good.. plus i can go through my gfs work discounts with Samsung.. but I'm open to anything atm because I'm not clued up on tv technology..i got help from you amazing guys last time..
The xf9005 is great for the price but doesn't meet the minimum specs to be classed as hdr premium specified I don't think , the Q9FN is the best lcd you can buy at the minute, and oled tv's are amazing but depending on your viewing habits can get burn in, I've had 3 oleds and havnt had burn in on any of them, but my content is pretty varied with gaming, movies, Netflix etc, I never watched any news with tickers across the bottom

Well the gf watches sky news alot i use sky sports news alot so the oleds would probably be a no go..the Q9 is currently out of stock on Samsung website for 55 and 65 but with the discount i can get its worth waiting, unless i find something else that catches my eye

Well the gf watches sky news alot i use sky sports news alot so the oleds would probably be a no go..the Q9 is currently out of stock on Samsung website for 55 and 65 but with the discount i can get its worth waiting, unless i find something else that catches my eye
Sounds like oled isn't for you which is a shame as image quality is amazing, If you want decent hdr then the Q9FN is the way to go, it has pros and cons too though, one being over aggressive local dimming which crushes shadow detail, but overall its a great tv, it has low input lag and variable refresh rate for gaming if you game too

Well I'm just looking for something Better than what i have if I'm honest and I'm actually more than happy with this but we all like any upgrade now and then lol
Ok I'll need to read up somewhere about this local dimming issue then..
Not gamed for ages but if a good Xmas deal pops up on a console who knows lol

Well I'm just looking for something Better than what i have if I'm honest and I'm actually more than happy with this but we all like any upgrade now and then lol
Ok I'll need to read up somewhere about this local dimming issue then..
Not gamed for ages but if a good Xmas deal pops up on a console who knows lol

XF90 is not far off from what you have currently spec wise, the KS series was the last set I've seen that had that UHD Premium mark on it, it was one of the sets I was planning on buying in 2016 until the build quality issues started to arise shortly after launch. e.g backlight unit and back glued together then falling apart, this happened on the 1st gen sets when released, Eurogamer even had one for review that had this issue.

Ultra HD Premium: What are the specs? Which TVs support it?

Sony X900F Review (XBR49X900F, XBR55X900F, XBR65X900F, XBR75X900F, XBR85X900F) - RTINGS.com

General Buying Tips

Last edited:
XF90 is not far off from what you have currently spec wise, the KS series was the last set I've seen that had that UHD Premium mark on it, it was one of the sets I was planning on buying in 2016 until the build quality issues started to arise shortly after launch. e.g backlight unit and back glued together then falling apart, this happened on the 1st gen sets when released, Eurogamer even had one for review that had this issue.

Sony X900F Review (XBR49X900F, XBR55X900F, XBR65X900F, XBR75X900F, XBR85X900F) - RTINGS.com

General Buying Tips

What do you mean re the uhd premium mark?

What do you mean re the uhd premium mark?
Tv's have to hit certain criteria before they can be classed as uhd premium certified, for lcd tv's it's blacks at 0.05 nits or lower, and a 1000 nits or more, and they have to hit at least 90 percent of dci-p3, alot of tv's say they are hdr but in reality all they can do is display an hdr image, but not as its intended to be seen

Tv's have to hit certain criteria before they can be classed as uhd premium certified, for lcd tv's it's blacks at 0.05 nits or lower, and a 1000 nits or more, and they have to hit at least 90 percent of dci-p3, alot of tv's say they are hdr but in reality all they can do is display an hdr image, but not as its intended to be seen

I meant as in what he meant by saying KS was last set to have the mark.

General Buying Tips

Thanks for your reply Analysis much appreciated, oh right so maybe i'll pass on the XF90 if its not much of an upgrade.

well i currently had the 48h6400 in 2015 then that started to get faults and John Lewis sent an engineer out twice to fix but it never worked so JL gave me several options and i decided to add extra cash for the KS7000 in 2016 and ive never had a problem with it (touch wood) but luckily i have a warranty with JL until 2021..

Ah ok I think he means the ks was the last set he saw with his eyes that was uhd premium specified?

There's a specific logo they use to advertise these UHD Premium certified sets and the KS was the last one I've seen in the last two years, that model was a real steal and still beats most newer ones.

Thanks for your reply Analysis much appreciated, oh right so maybe i'll pass on the XF90 if its not much of an upgrade.

well i currently had the 48h6400 in 2015 then that started to get faults and John Lewis sent an engineer out twice to fix but it never worked so JL gave me several options and i decided to add extra cash for the KS7000 in 2016 and ive never had a problem with it (touch wood) but luckily i have a warranty with JL until 2021..

I'd save and go OLED in 2021 to be honest, they should be a bit cheaper as the tech is now starting to get older as time goes on, MicroLED and 8k is where it will be going forward.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom